Search The Metal For A Dark World Blog

Neizbezhnost disbands, debut full length to become a collector's item

Sad news......Neizbezhnost has disbanded and has stopped working on their follow-up album to their debut CD "Would It Be Reasonable" on Metal For A Dark World Records. "Would It Be Reasonable.." received great reviews from the likes of DOA Magazine, Untombed.com, HM Magazine and several other online and print media. The lowest score it received was and 8 out of 10! The CD was a collectors edition release, with English lyrics, tons of photos all wrapped up in a 16 page booklet. The music was heavy, symphonic blackened metal that was a sonic assault to both the head and the heart, with lyrical content ranging from political issues of today along with other issues such as stop doing evil and do good to others, respect, encouragement, and hope! Not your typical black metal lyrical content. You can listen to some of the songs in the widget here, and purchase from iTunes by using the link. If you'd prefer to purchase the CD, very few copies are left. Head to http://metalforadarkworld.bigcartel.com to purchase the CD at a great price. Better hurry however, as remaining copies are moving QUICK, and there are only about 20 copies left!! Neizbezhnost will always be remembered for their musical talent and the impact they left on the scene, especially in Europe and their home country of the Ukraine!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Interview with Salvatore Garasto from new Italian Black Metal band Anima Mundi

Yes, we have another exclusive interview for the Metal For A Dark World podcast episode #2.  This interview comes all the way from Italy, the band:  Anima Mundi.   We caught up with Salvatore Garasto and were able to ask a few questions, which gave us more insight into the awesome new black metal band from the land that gave us pasta, pizza, great wines and other great bands!


Links:
FaceBook:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Anima-Mundi/174835699233400
MySpace:  http://www.myspace.com/animamundimetal/
Website:   http://www.animamundimetal.com
Video - Album Sampler:  http://youtu.be/MdjCqeSv4Hs


Enjoy!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interview with Salvatore Garasto, the 1 man behind the new black metal project Anima Mundi from Italy.



Metal For A Dark World (MFADW):  Hello Salvatore, how's it been going?

Salvatore Garasto (SG):  Hi Brian, I’m good thank you! A bit excited ‘cause this is the first interview of my life … Anyway it’s ok! Oh, and sorry for my English!! you know, I’m Italian… hihi

MFADW:  So tell us a bit about your band, Anima Mundi.  First, what does the name of the band mean?   Where are you located?

SG:  Well, “Anima Mundi” means “Soul of The world” … Originally it was a pre-Christian concept, but for me has a really different meaning … According to my point of view  We are the soul of the world, and we can be a true Hope in this world, where there is fear, pain, deception, madness … You know, sometimes I feel like I’m living in an ugly mess … And the only Way to make a better place for humanity is our Lord Jesus Christ … And We are the Church, we can compare the Church to His Holy “body” … We are the soul of the world… That’s my opinion. Anyway I know that “Anima Mundi” is a concept that has been taken also by many Christian people in the History …   
About my location: I live in the north of Italy, in a small city called Cordenons, near Pordenone … I love it because there’s a really peaceful atmosphere… It’s really calm… In addiction I don’t live in the center, so, this is even better!!!   


MFADW:  What is the music scene like there?

SG:  Unblack Metal is not so popular in Italy. Yeah, we have a good Metal scene, but most of the metal (not only black metal) bands are satanic or anti-Christian … It’s really sad … I’d like to change this using my project Anima Mundi. This is my purpose. I’m really hopeful.. Metal is a good way to spread the Word of God: “Metal For A Dark World” as you say!!! I don’t have any Christian metalhead friend… And this is why in my band I am the only member. I hope one day I will find some good christian guy that can help me!!
But, I have also to say that in Italy there are some amazing Christian metal bands!! Like Mourn in Silence, Boarders and so on … A few years ago we had also a catholic monk called “Fratello Metallo” (which means “Brother Metal”) in the Metal scene! He played also at the Gods of Metal! Hehe that’s awesome! A lot of metalheads hate him… But I think he had a lot of courage, and an huge faith to do what he did.


MFADW:  Do you write all of the lyrics and play on all of the instruments?  Did anyone help you out?  Did you also produce it?

SG:  So, first of all I compose all the songs. I love writing music, I started when I was like13/14 years old on an amazing programme called “Finale”. I used to write classical music … I loved it, and I love it now too! At the time I used to play the piano… After..mmm…about… I think…2 or 3 years I started to listen to rock and  grunge music, and I started playing the guitar and the drums… finally I begun to listen to Metal music!! I started writing metal songs about 4 years ago … I have a lot of music on my pc! Thrash Metal, Death metal, Folk Metal, Classical Metal, Black Metal etc. Anima Mundi is a Christian Black Metal project. I write all the lyrics… And trust me if I say that the lyrics are the most important thing in my project… I want to give a message to the world… And remember that I don’t want to be famous or something like that, this is not my purpose. My only hope is that the whole Metal world one day will be listening to my messages, and will understand them… Because my messages are messages of hope. Hope is the key…
After I write the music and the lyrics I start to record… First of all I record the guitars and the bass guitar (using my electric guitar) on a “realistic” drum base that I write for the song. At the end I record the voices: scream, growl or clean. That’s all. Obviously, after having done all these things, I put some effects or something like that… Like in the song “The Vision”. No one helps me on doing this. I do everything at home, using my personal laptop …  


MFADW:  How would you describe your sound or style of music?

SG:  Unblack Metal… I think that’s all. I have my personal style which I developed during the years. I like this specific style for this kind of music. You know, there are some Unblack Metal bands that I don’t like… Maybe because their sound is too dirty… I don’t know. Anyway, my compositions are different from Antestor, Slechtvalk, Horde, Crimson Moonlight…. Yeah, I love these bands, and my level is much more lower than theirs hihihi… Anyway I don’t want to emulate them… Like I said before, I have, and I Want to have my personal style: Anima Mundi style! My sound is dark, but not too dark … My sound is a “black metal” sound but not too “black metal”… I’m in a middle way hihih… I don’t want to sound too extreme.

MFADW:  Who/what are your musical influences?

SG:  Like I said, I developed a music style during the years… So, for sure I must be influenced by some bands like Slechtvalk or Horde, but, at the same time, I have my personal style… Try to find a band that sounds like Anima Mundi… It’s really hard to do it, not because Anima Mundi is “the best” or something like that ahahaha! Only because, I think, everyone has his personal own way to compose… It depends on inner feelings… My music come from me… If you think about that, even the bands which I talked about before (Antestor, Crimson Moonlight etc) are really different one to another!
Anyway, maybe the bigger influence on Anima Mundi came from the band Slechtvalk… But they are more melodic… and I prefer them!!! ahahaha


MFADW:  Do you have any plans for live shows?  Any chance you'll come to the USA?

SG:  Before thinking about live shows I have to think about having a Real Band!!! I’m on my own… I can’t play 3 guitars, the drums and 3 or 4 voices at the same time!!! Ahahah… My dream is to have a band and spread my music with some concert…and yes, it would be awesome coming to USA. I have some relatives in Boston, so maybe there are some chances! But in the future…
I’d like to play in Cornerstone… I love it…I love the place, I love all the bands that play there, I love the people, I love the atmosphere… I love everything!! Maybe one day…



MFADW:  What is the name of your upcoming album/cd?  When will it be released, and how can readers of Metal For A Dark World buy a copy of it?

SG:  My last album has been released a few weeks ago… Its name is “The Vision” and there are 9 tracks. For now, If you want a copy of it you have to contact me on my official facebook page, or on my e-mail garastosalvatore@gmail.com, or on my official myspace (www.myspace.com/animamundimetal)… I will give you all the information and I will send the cd to you as soon as possible… In a few weeks I will put “The Vision” on ITunes or on Amazon, so that people can download it easily.  
At the moment I’m also building my website: www.animamundimetal.com … You will be able to contact me there too!  The price is 8€ + delivery cost.


MFADW:  Do you have a web site or MySpace/FaceBook site where readers can go to hear some of your music?

SG:  Yes I have both of them, but for now, I don’t know why, music on Myspace doesn’t work!! Anyway, you can find me and my music on my official facebook page… There are 5 songs of the new album, and some tracks from my first demo called “Anima Mundi”.

MFADW:  Was is recorded in a typical studio, or was it recorded in your own studio?

SG:  I recorded everything at home on my own. I use a programme called Magix Music Maker 17, it’s really good (even if not such professional as Cubase or Logic), and really easy to use! It has a lot of awesome effects inside… I love it!

MFADW:  What type of musical gear do you use (guitars, amps, keys, pedals, etc)?

SG:  First of all I use my sweet guitar hihi… I have an Ibanez js 1000tbt, it sounds really good for every kind of music. I have also pedals for the distortions… In order to record I don’t use an amp. I connect my guitar to the computer directly.

MFADW:  What type of gear did you use in the studio while recording and producing the album?

SG:  Nothing special… Maybe the most important thing is my computer, I do everything with it!! Mix and so on… It takes me a lot of time but…it’s ok… I like it, and I want to go on with my project.

MFADW:  I have had the privilege of hearing 4 of your songs from your upcoming cd.   I'll be playing at least 2 songs on the next podcast, "The Vision", and "Like A Thief".   Can you tell us a bit about the lyrics and themes for those 2 songs?

SG:  The song “The Vision” talks about the book of Revelations…. You know, the seven seals, the beast, the dragon, the army of God, the Lamb, the Lion, destruction on the earth and so on. “Like a Thief” is closely connected to these themes… The message that I want to give with this song is to Be Always Prepared, because the end of age, the Christ, will come like a Thief during the night… We will never know when He will come… If we want to be saved, we have to be always with Him, and we have to Trust in Him… He gave His life for us…He is our Saviour. We will be judge one day… But if we are with Him, we will be His chosen ones, and we will rise! Believe in Christ, and Trust in Him…. Pray for this world guys!

MFADW:  Are you working on material for a new album?  If so, will the musical style be similar, or will you try different things?

SG:  Yeah! I’m working on new songs right now! The style will be the same, I think… well, I don’t know… I’ve already written a song for a new album… It is called “Don’t Touch My Christ”, you’ll like it!! And the genre is really similar to The Vision… I put the lyrics on my facebook if you want to read them.

MFADW:  If the new cd does well, any plans to release it on vinyl if there is interest?

SG:  Ooooo hihihi, well, I don’t know! Maybe! Who knows? I have to think about that!! But let me tell you that it would be awesome!!

MFADW:  You play Christian extreme metal.  Why play for Jesus Christ rather than the devil/satan like most bands do?   How did you come to be a Christian?

SG:  Devil is a loser… He ruins the world…he is a deceiver… And trust me, he is weak!! The only thing he can do is to tempt us to do evil things… but he has no power…sometimes we are his power because we let him come into our life… We Have To Fight him!! (And this is the theme of the song “Fight Without Shame”)… Satanists sometimes seem stupid… Satan doesn’t love them! Satan hates everyone, and he want to steel humanity from God…. But he will not be able to do it…He will be defeated. Jesus Christ is the real power! He is the Judge and the Lawyer! He is our Life! He gives us Love and Hope! He is the Truth!! He is much more powerful than the Devil…. Satan will not win this battle, because Jesus is the Power, He is the Light, and Light illuminates the darkness… When darkness is surrounding our life, we have to seek the light…This Light is Jesus Christ… Our Lord of Lords.  Fortunately I’ve grown up in a Christian family… I have to thank the Lord every day for that…


MFADW:  How can the readers get a hold of you if they'd like to talk to you or learn more about you?

SG:  Everyone who wants to talk to me or to ask something more about my band can contact me on Facebook…. On Anima Mundi band page, or on my personal facebook… My name is “Salvatore Garasto”. Or send me an e-mail…

MFADW:  Do you have any other comments that you would like to say to the readers of this interview?

SG:  I would like to thank you bro… for everything… And I want to thank everyone… But first of all I want to say “Thanks” to the Lord for this opportunity…Hope that who is reading this interview will be interested in my project… God Bless you guys!!

And God bless you too Salvatore!

Until next time....
KEEP IT METAL \m/

No comments:

Post a Comment